Dental ProceduresWilliamsburg, VA
Our dental procedures can keep you and your family in excellent oral health, restore damaged teeth and transform your smile into something truly beautiful. At Amador Family Dentistry, we understand that each of our patients' smiles is unique and so are their health concerns. As such, we meet with each patient to discuss any health concerns and goals prior to recommending specific dental procedures. If you live in Williamsburg, we invite you to schedule an appointment by calling (757) 220-9492. During your examination, we can look for any signs of infection or cavities; discuss what you do and do not like about your smile; and determine the best way to proceed.
Available Options for Dental Care
In the past, there were not as many options for treating or restoring teeth. Fortunately, technology has revolutionized dentistry, and there are now a variety of options for treating all types of oral health concerns. Gone are the days where teeth were pulled on a regular basis. Now, the majority of damaged or infected teeth can be saved when treated early enough. Simultaneously, if teeth do fall out there are a variety of procedures for replacing them that go well beyond removable dentures.
If you have had dental work done in the past or are currently wearing dentures and are not satisfied with the results, schedule an appointment with Amador Family Dentistry. Our dental procedures use the latest in dental technology allowing us to improve the appearance and functionality of former restorations. For example, we can replace old metal fillings or crowns with tooth-colored ones for a more natural appearance. We can also treat teeth that have had a bonding procedure in the past, if the material is now looking old and dated.
We can make each restoration blend in with the surrounding teeth. Whether replacing an old crown or fixing a recently damaged tooth, the tooth will look fantastic once complete and it will be difficult, if not impossible, to distinguish the difference between the natural teeth and the restoration. There are multiple types of dental work we can use to accomplish this goal including dental veneers and dental crowns. Those who want to replace a tooth may benefit from a dental bridge, dental implants or modern dentures instead. Regardless of what procedure is necessary, we will ensure that it is completed to perfection.
At Amador Family Dentistry, we also work to ensure that patients remain comfortable and relaxed during the dental procedure. We can offer several types of light sedation to make this a possibility. We understand that many adults have concerns over getting their teeth worked on and at times, simply need to relax. Whether you do so through sedation or friendly conversation, we are here to help. With more intensive procedures, we will ensure that you do not feel any discomfort along the way. To learn more or to schedule an appointment with our Williamsburg dentist office, call 757-220-9492.
Check out what others are saying about our dental services on Yelp: Dental Procedures Williamsburg
Questions Answered on This Page
Q. Will my dental restoration blend in with my surrounding teeth?
Q. What can I do to improve my smile?
Q. Will the dental procedure hurt?
People Also Ask
Q. What can I do to restore my chipped tooth?
Q. What can you offer to keep my teeth healthy?
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries is also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Procedures
5 Important Facts About Tooth Enamel
Almost everyone understands the importance behind brushing your teeth and the role tooth enamel plays in maintaining dental health.However, many underestimate the unique quality that enamel has and don’t have a complete understanding of how enamel works, which in return makes it far more difficult to take the necessary precautions to ensure they maintain healthy…
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments & Trends
Cosmetic dentistry is one of the most popular sectors of the dental world. There are many options in the dentistry world regarding cosmetic dentistry and a lot of trends that come in and out of style. Currently the most popular are teeth whitening, porcelain veneers, tooth crowning, composite Bonding and full mouth reconstruction.Each kind of…
Questions To Ask Your Dentist About Dental Sedation
Are you deciding on getting an oral procedure done at the dentist but have a substantial amount of anxiety about what may occur? If this sounds like you, you may want to talk to your dentist about dental sedation. Dental sedation can make the process of going to the dentist’s office comfortable and anxiety-free.Essentially, dental…